A Thankful Thursday

A friend of mine once declared every Thursday to be Thankful Thursday -- a day to spend thinking of the things that you're thankful for instead of everything else that you normally think of. My husband and I have tried to make this a tradition in our family, too... most Thursdays we forget :) But today I'm taking a minute to focus on and share what I'm thankful for:

I am thankful for my boys:
One for making my life easier
and the other for making my life harder
and for switching roles depending on the day :)

I am thankful that I am fortunate enough to truly love the toddler age my son is at.... for about 15 minutes out of every 20 in a day. The remaining 5 minutes make me rip my hair out and occasionally cry because did I really just lose my temper over THAT? But then we sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider and he knows all the actions and claps when we finish. And life is good again.

I am thankful that I married a school teacher who gets to have ALL summer off. In reality the "all summer" translates into about 6 weeks of the summer when you figure in trainings and summer school, but that's just right for us. :) We have lots of things planned, fun family trips and outings, getting ready for the new baby... it's going to be fun!

I am SO thankful to have been blessed with the most unremarkable and completely average pregnancy E-V-E-R. Both pregnancies, so far. With so many things that can go wrong or get complicated or just be uncomfortable, our little girl and I are both pretty blissfully healthy and comfortable and oh-so-average. Like baby measuring correctly to the day in our ultrasounds average. I even still have ankles at this point, which makes me fantastically happy every morning. :)

I am thankful for the warm-borderline-hot weather so that we can pull out our little pool and play with friends:
and for a great point-and-shoot camera that I am finally learning how to use well so that I can get good pictures in the bright sunlight. The subject's willingness to look at the camera is still a work in progress, however.

I am thankful to live close to family. So much family! Some days I long for the days that we lived 2 hours away and did everything on our own, but most days I am too busy being grateful for babysitters and relationships and borrowing things and always having someone to depend on to even think about that!

And I am thankful to all of you for reading! Otherwise I'd just be shouting my ramblings into the ethernet and that's not nearly as much fun as making friends and getting to know you.

What are you thankful for today?

10 comments:

Katie Olthoff said...

I think I'm right there at that 15/20 with you. Except maybe mine's more like 21/24 hours. The worst 3 hours? Lunch, dinner, and bedtime.

Brandy@YDK said...

This is a great list. that's so awesome that you husband gets so much time off.

Debra Hawkins said...

I am also grateful to be married to a school teacher! Summer vacation is what gets me through the entire school year of seeing him 15 minutes a day.
I am grateful that you are married to school teacher so you guys have time to come to Texas in less than a month!

Megan Harmeyer said...

I was looking for the "like" button for Katie's comment. I'm right there with her!!

This is a great post! It's a great reminder to take some time to appreciate the things we have.

the cape on the corner said...

what sweet things! i love listing the small things that make me thankful, and today i'm thankful for the interesting and full work week thus far, the events have been good, and yesterday while my coworkers were in the office, i was making my own pizza at a networking event. i joked i was having the most fun, for sure!

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

Awwww, I love this! You have many wonderful things to be thankful for:)

stephanie said...

what a great list! and I'm with you on the 15/20 thing- this toddler business is tough!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I love this post idea, Lorene. You must be so excited to have your husband home for the summer... so fun!

Naturally Carol said...

You have a lovely long list of things to be grateful for..that is a wonderful thing and I bet you feel so happy when you realise how much there is to be thankful for!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Hahaha, love that toddler stage! You make me excited for Jack-Jack to grow up. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips