Friday Forum: Flying and restrictions and what??

Hooray! Blogger is back! And hopefully the two posts that were taken down in its absence will also be returning shortly...

Thank you so much for your responses last Friday for our first Friday Forum. This is fun and I will definitely keep using your expertise! (If you have a question you'd like to ask the forum, drop me a line via comment or email.)

Eventually my questions won't be about traveling (promise), but our impending trip is kind of starting to stress me out because I never fly, and the last time I flew, I could take pretty much anything short of an actual weapon. Now... I don't know what I can and can't take, and what papers I need to make sure I have. Help!?!
 


Liquids on the plane? In a carry-on vs. checked baggage? Birth certificates? Social Security cards? What do I need? What CAN I take? (We're flying domestically, just from Salt Lake to San Antonio.)

Thanks in advance for all your sage wisdom :)

3 comments:

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

My biggest piece of advice is to make sure and take plenty of drinks with you that are "for your children." They can't stop you from sharing, just don't overdo it! :)

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

You need to have your liquids (toothpaste,shampoo, etc.) in small containers I think less than 3.5 oz and in a clear plastic QUART size ziploc bag. Put them where you can easily get them if you are carrying them on, since you will have to take them out of your luggage and have them separately in the tote for screening. I'm not sure if this applies if you are checking a bag.

Tiffany said...

For that short of a flight, I wouldn't worry about liquids unless you need them for the little guy. Just pack them in your luggage and don't worry about it. So much less hassle. As for birth certificates and such, don't worry about them. You should just need photo id, so a drivers license should do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips