Buttons, buttons, on your EARS!

Buttons are such an easy and fun craft supply, and I love earrings, so it was only a matter of time before the two merged. This time, I had some help from this awesome tutorial from Kitty Cats and Airplanes. :)

You saw the quick and dirty version here in the pink or blue post, but the slower and... er, cleaner (?) versions I've made are so much more fun.

The Pink or Blue Set
A friend of mine here in the neighborhood is due with her 4th baby just 2 weeks after our little girl, and she asked if I would make a set of the pink or blue earrings for her 9-year-old daughter to announce their baby. Well... instead of just earrings... I kept going:

The full set includes two sets of 2-inch earrings:


two button pins, one pink and one blue (duh!)

and a big sis necklace with both a pink charm and a blue charm:

so she can announce either a little sister:

or a little brother:

or both if the need be ;)
(and she does have both a little brother and a little sister already, too)

The big sis pendant is a pearly celluloid guitar pick with vinyl words. Vinyl and I are finally starting to get along, thanks to Transfer Paper's involvement in our relationship. :)


The Spring is Here! Set
Lest you think that I only craft in pink and blue anymore, I made this spring button bracelet for my 12-year-old niece:

Originally I made these fun earrings to go with it:

but then I remembered (thanks to my sister's reminding) that my niece's ears are no longer pierced. So I refashioned those earrings into this pendant instead:

The earrings and bracelet are made following Amie's awesome tutorial at Kitty Cats and Airplanes, and the pendants are just 3 buttons each on a jump ring and then attached together. You can see the construction the clearest on the pink and blue pendants.

Now, despite the weather forecasts to the contrary, it actually looks like we may have some spring sunshine outside, so we're headed out to play (one I get out of my pajamas, that is :) -- thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

AHHHHHH!!! WOW, loooooooove these!!! So stinkin' cute! That spring bracelet is adorable!

stephanie said...

You are so crafty- I love it! That bracelet is adorable!!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

Lu, These are so cute! what a fun way to announce boy or girl! I love the spring necklace- very fresh and fun. Now if it would just act like spring where I live.
xoxo,
Amy

Kristine said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lorene! It was so perfect and Rebecca LOVED them! In fact, she has planned her outfits around them the whole weekend. You are such a sweet friend and such a talented crafter. You are wonderful!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Your earrings all rock!!!!

Unknown said...

These are all so gorgeous! I love your blog design too - everything is just beautiful! I'm now your newest follower! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips