Housewife MacGyver: Commit Thyself


As promised, first up in the Housewife MacGyver series...

The first MacGyver commandment:
COMMIT THYSELF

MacGyver is a man of committed action. (Not commitment in the more common sense of the term, however... I guess MacGyver is just too much for one woman ;) Once he commits -- to recovering enemy intelligence, saving that forest, coaching that kids' hockey team -- he follows through... even in the toughest situations (like that hockey team...).

I mean, he committed to the same mullet for seven seasons. THAT, my friends, is commitment.

So, the first step in becoming a Housewife MacGyver is commitment. Commit to do something. I don't care what. I'd love if you'd commit to become a Housewife MacGyver with me, but there are SO many commitments to choose from. You could commit to...

file your taxes early this year.
eat sushi.


forgive a grudge.


do that thing you've been meaning to do.


do that thing you've always wanted to do.

So that is this month's challenge, the first MacGyver commandment: commit to something and then do the something. (The something might even be something you are already committed to, such as a resolution you've already made.)
  • Designate steps along the way as needed. 
  • Give yourself a time frame in which you will do the something (this week, this month, this year).  
  • Tell someone -- like your blog readers, hint hint -- about your commitment. 
  • And come here and share your commitment -- now, when you finish, or both. (The linky party below will be open until the end of the year, just to catch any stragglers. :)
So, what am I committing to? 

I commit to finish a project that I have had on my list for ages -- nearly a year now.

I commit to use materials that I received ages ago -- nearly a year now.

I commit to making a cover for my son's high chair that he has been using for, let's see... nearly a year now!

My SIL was awesome enough to snag this great high chair for us for FREE over a year ago. My 15-month-old has been using the chair for almost a year now. Without a cover. I know -- {gasp} the inhumanity of putting an innocent child in a high chair without a cover!

The high chair doesn't necessarily need a cover, but it came with one (that was old and I didn't like) and I have the materials and it will make meal cleanup so much better... no more digging gross food out of the crevices of the chair once a month... or so. :)

So, that's my commitment. Nothing huge or life altering, but the first in a long list of commitments. If/When I finish this one, I'll share the others. :)

**For those of you who would love to commit to the whole year of this crazy Housewife MacGyver thing, I am planning to have a fun giveaway at the end for those who have participated each month in the linky party (a new party each month... par-tay!). I am working on finding sponsors as we speak, so if you have any suggestions or would like to sponsor a giveaway as part of Housewife MacGyver (now or at the end), just contact me at iamjustlu at gmail dot com.

So now... come and share your commitments! Link up now or later or both... the party's open all year!

7 comments:

Andi said...

I saw yesterday's post but finally was able to sit down and read it. I'm so excited!! What an awesome idea. I lol'd at the mullet comment. That is true commitment. I will have to give this some thought but I will commit thyself! I'll be back!

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

This is going to be so much fun!

Amy DM said...

Commitment post coming right up!

Katie Olthoff said...

This is awesome! I'm a new follower!

I'm committing to getting some home projects done before baby comes in March!

Toria said...

It sounds like fun, I'll need to think about what I want to commit to. I did note on my blog about a week ago that I intended to actually completely finish one needlework project ready to hang on the wall for Christmas. Does that count?

KetoCook said...

I'm late to the party, but better late than never... right?

I commit to de-cluttering my desk/school room.

I commit to finishing my painting projects before school starts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips