Why we love Chex (part 2)

This treat is really common around the holidays, so I thought I'd make it for a simple treat to take to the neighbors. Well, with all the Christmas fun and chaos, that didn't happen, so I just made this earlier this week....

I based my recipe off this one from Bakerella and then, like I do with *everything* tweaked it to what I had and what I wanted. :) My husband loved it so much that he has "commanded" that I make it again soon.



White Chocolate Chex
1/4 box Corn Chex
1/4 box Rice Chex
1/4 box Corn Pops
3 cups pretzels
1 bag M&Ms (king-size bag)
1/2 bag (12 oz) blanched peanuts
3/4 pkg (24 oz) white almond bark

Mix cereals and pretzels in a large bowl. Dump M&Ms and peanuts on top without stirring--they tend to sink to the bottom and this keeps them front-and-center and ensures that they get a nice coating and become evenly distributed throughout the mix.

Break the almond bark into the pre-portioned squares and melt it according to the directions on the package. (I melted mine in the microwave. First time EVER melting chocolate-y substances in the microwave that I haven't burned it!) Quickly pour the melted almond bark over the cereal mixture and stir until it's all evenly coated. Spread on wax paper to cool and then devour at will. :)

If you're making this around Christmas, it's also really yummy with a small amount of super-finely crushed candy cane sprinkled over it.

Note: My husband has a HUGE sweet tooth, so he has requested commanded (his words, not mine!) that next time I make it (also by command) I use more almond bark so it's a thicker coating and more M&Ms.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips