Lucky Milk Lid Specimen Art

Goodness, this week has flown by! We've been organizing up a storm, and I'll have some fun projects to share next week. Today I want to share a super fast update to the milk lid specimen art from last week.

My friend Amy suggested that I paint one of the milk lids gold to make it pop and be more festive, but... paint sounded like work. And drying time. So instead I cut a four leaf clover from some brushed gold vinyl (using my Silhouette... I'm old-school SD not new Cameo :), and stuck it on one of the milk lids.

As a bonus, the vinyl will peel right off once I decide to take the art down and let my kids have their milk lids back to play with. But... let's be honest... those kids are never getting these green milk lids back. And the other colors are in danger, too, because momma is loving on how easy and cheap milk lid specimen art is! Next time, though, I think I will leave some space between the milk lids to give it more of a specimen feel. And there will be a next time. :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
-Lorene


4 comments:

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

I love it!! The shamrock is the perfect finishing touch!
xoxo,
Amy

Kirstin @ Hello Kirsti said...

adorable idea! Love simple holiday crafts that store tiny or are simple to throw back together each year, definitely need to pick up a shadowbox for seasonal art next joann's trip!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Looks great, Lorene! Love the shamrock :)

kaly said...

Where do you live and what kind of milk comes with a green lid? I would likely buy it just for the lid, since I am obsessed about green!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips