Twenty-five

It's my birthday! So far it's been great: baby slept all night, breakfast in bed and a nice long shower, and a toddler version of Happy Birthday. Life is so good. :)

I'm turning 24, and I thought I'd do some planning to preempt a quarter-life crisis... not that I actually believe I'll have a quarter life crisis, nor do I believe that 25 is in any way old. But I do plan on making myself one of these. :)

Anyway, last year on her birthday, my friend Tera set goals to accomplish in the upcoming year, and I think it's a great idea. Birthdays aren't as exciting as adults as they were when we were kids, but having a list of specific goals makes it more fun to look back over the years. At least for me, I very rarely accomplish anything major without it being on a list...

So... here's my list of twenty-five things I want to do before I'm 25... but it's not set in stone so I'm open to suggestions :)

Finish the t-shirt quilts that I've been saving supplies for since high school

Re-read all four books of scripture 
(Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants/Pearl of Great Price)

Run another 10K... and actually train for it :)

Finish reading The Screwtape Letters and All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience since I started them almost 2 years ago

Visit a state (of the nation, not of mind :) that I haven't visited before

image source

Learn to eat using chopsticks

Complete The Love Dare

Refinish a piece of furniture

Watch AMC's top ten movies of all time

image source
Ride in a hot air balloon

Improve my posture

Take a family photo in a photo booth


Complete the 200 sit-ups challenge

Go geocaching

Hike Mt. Timpanogos

image source
Get a passport

Build a website

Go star and satellite gazing with my husband like we used to when we were dating

Eat something that I grow myself in a garden of some sort

image source
Attend the temple (at least) once each month

Learn to make creme brulee

Build a snowman and go sledding with my son

Have a date night every week with my husband

Take more photos... like maybe one a day

Here's to the best year of my first quarter century of life! :)

11 comments:

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Lu! I cried in the grocery store on my twenty fourth birthday, but twenty five was no big deal. That's a great list of goals, I'm sure that you'll cross many of them off your list. Hope you have a great day.

Damaris said...

Happy Birthday, and good luck with the goals. Many of them look like fun!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm pushing 33, so 25 doesn't sound that old to me anymore. :) What a fun list of goals!

Megan Harmeyer said...

Happy birthday, Miss Lu! It makes me feel old to know you're more than 10 years YOUNGER than me! LOL I love your list - I hope you're able to cross a lot of them off over the next year.

Debra Hawkins said...

Those are GREAT goals! I wish I was there to do some of them with you, you know the ones that don't involve running a 10k ;).

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Happy Birthday, Ambitious, lady! I wasn't even married at age 24! :) You've got everything you need to avoid a quarter life crisis already!:) love you!

Tera said...

Happy birthday Lu! Your goals are awesome. I know you can do whatever you set your mind to. I have been procrastinating many items on my list, but setting goals has already helped me accomplish GREAT things this year. I keep a copy of my goals next to my bed to review them and make sure I'm on track. Best of luck for a great year!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Happy Birthday, Lorene! I love your list. I've always wanted to try that 100 push-up challenge. I may join you this year :) My favorite item on your list, however, is to watch AMC's top ten movies of all time. I would love to be able to do that. This list of goals is a fantastic idea.

Dusty said...

May I suggest that the website you build be my photography site????!! :D

Andi said...

Happy Birthday Lu!! I wanted to do one of those 30 before you 30 lists but that ship has sailed :( So maybe 35 or 40 (yikes) And I agree with Gwen, love the AMC's top ten movies of all time idea. Can't wait to see you reach these goals!

Amy DM said...

Happy Birthday!!

I had no idea you were so young. You have so much experience.

I like your list. It's a very good idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips