Mmm Mmm... Potato Chowder

Happy Monday! I hope you have all started off your week well. There's snow on the ground here (it's finally sticking!), so that means I am to my favorite cooking part of the year: soup time! We love digging in to a bowl of hot, creamy thick soup, so we eat well during the colder months.

I'm still crafting up a storm for my holiday gift-giving, but... most of the recipients read this so I can't really share with you just yet. :) Even though I can't share some of the projects that I'm most excited about until after Christmas, I have a few fun things coming up: the tutorial for this felt game board that I shared ages ago and remember how Haul out the Holly is just one week away?!? You're gonna love it! But for today, a yummy and easy (since I allow no other type in my kitchen) soup and a big thanks for my friend Ann for the recipe.


Potato Chowder
serves 5-6

What you'll need:
3 cups cubed potatoes
1/4 tsp (to taste) onion powder
1 can cream of chicken soup (or make your own like in this recipe)
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
1 3/4 cup milk
8 slices deli ham, cut up
1-2 Tbsp parsley

*Here is my obligatory note telling you that I don't actually usually measure the ingredients and/or follow the recipe: I add more soup/sour cream as I feel like it, I use leftover ham-from-a-bone when I can, and I almost never add the milk because we love our soups extra-thick. 

What you'll do:
1. Cube potatoes and put in a large pan. Fill pan with water until it just covers the potatoes. Bring to boil and boil until potatoes are tender (I like mine fall-apart tender for a thicker soup).
2. Reduce heat and DO NOT DRAIN potatoes.
3. Add onion powder, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream. Stir until well mixed and add milk (if desired).
4. Add parsley and ham and heat through, but make sure it doesn't boil.
5. Serve! Especially yummy with fresh rolls -- I'm auditioning these and these for Thanksgiving dinner.

5 comments:

Megan Harmeyer said...

YuMMM!!! Thank you. I'm printing this out NOW! Hurry up weekend!

Debra Hawkins said...

I haven't made this in forever! I think you have inspired me to revisit it!

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

My husband would LOVE this! My brain is already figuring out how to make it vegetarian. Yum, yum, yummy!

Tera said...

It sounds delicious and easy. Thanks for the recipe. I think I may actually have all of these ingredients in my house.

I sure miss you! Thanks for your kind words on my blog. You and your hubby really saved me while Erick was away. Any chance you can move to Germany for Erick's upcoming deployment? :)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

That's it, I'm making this tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips