Wooden Spoon Nativity

Char from Crap I've Made is hosting a nativity parade and I just *had* to join up to let this little lovely strut her stuff (I presume that all navities are female, yes?):

Isn't she cute?

Unfortunately, she was created in the days before I was 1) blogging about my creations and 2) competent at running my camera, so this is the only viable (non-blurry) picture. And you can't even see sweet baby Jesus.

Fortunately, however, she (and her sister) are housed at my mother's (and MIL's) so I can visit to hold a proper photo shoot. And I want to make one for myself this year, if I can escape from the throes of Santa's workshop long enough, so I could probably even provide a tutorial if y'all would like (which means I need you to tell me if you'd like that ;).

Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

Tricia said...

Very cute. I love the idea of wooden spoons.

Heather said...

yes please! I want to make one too.

Cupcake Dessert said...

I would really love to know how to make this. So cute!!!

Megan Harmeyer said...

How cute! I echo Heather's and Cupcake's requests for a tutorial!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Oh my goodness, this is adorable, Lorene! Love it!

Erin said...

definitely post a tutorial! I'd love to make one. I love funky nativities!!

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

You are so cute and creative! What a neat idea! I love using unlikely things for crafts, and I would have never thought of using a wooden spoon for a nativity set.

David said...

Please do a tutorial! "She" looks adorable.

Anonymous said...

oh goodness, i LOVE this idea so much!!!

Maria Babin said...

very cute idea! would love to see a tut! please link this up to my ideas for children party
http://busyasabeeinparis.blogspot.com/2010/11/christmas-ideas-for-children-des-idees.html
thanks for sharing!
xo,
maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips