Mini Meatloaves

Until recently, I thought that meatloaf was very difficult to make, requiring very precise ingredients, and the hand of a gourmet chef (or at least one better than I). Then I made it for the first time. And it turned out great! If I can make a recipe successfully on the first try, anyone can make the recipe!

I have come to love making meatloaf (and meatballs) because I can have the freedom to add whatever I want and whatever I have on hand. My first excursion into Meatloaf Land followed this recipe by Kraft Foods, but since then I have altered it slightly. My hubby pronounces these "good enough that they don't even need to be dipped in more barbecue sauce."




Mini Meatloaves
makes 12 muffin-sized meatloaves

2 lbs ground beef (or pork or turkey)
1 6-oz pkg StoveTop stuffing (any flavor)
2 eggs
1 cup water
3 green onions, chopped
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
  1. In a large bowl, mix ground beef, StoveTop, eggs, water, green onions, and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. (I don't like touching the raw meat any more than I have to, so I use my potato masher to mix this part. :) )
  2. Fill 12 greased muffin cups with the meatloaf mixture. 
  3. Top the meatloaves with a thin layer of the remaining barbecue sauce. (I used a pastry brush.)
  4. Bake at 400*F for 30 minutes or until the meatloaf reaches 160*F.
  5. Top with grated cheddar cheese and bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tada! Our grocery store had a great sale on ground beef this week, so I also made a batch of meatballs (get my recipe here). I made these bite-sized, and I can't wait to try them out in our albondigas on Monday! (We're mixing things up for our Meatball Mondays--I'll let you know how it turns out...)


From left to right: a mini meatball, a small Atomic Fireball (to sub for a marble since apparently we've lost all of ours...), a regular-sized meatball, and a golf ball. Just to show you a size comparison. :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am going to try these out. They look tasty. We need to add some new things to our menu and these should do just the trick.

Tera said...

I'm making these today for sunday dinner. I hope they turn out okay!

Debra Hawkins said...

I care, I care! I am going slowly crazy. I can't wait to see you guys. Are their Yard Sales in May or do we have to wait until July? I can never remember.

extreme personal measures said...

Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse's Follow Me Friday to say Hi!

Stop by. I have several giveaways:
E-Mealz
List PlanIt
EvoraPlus

http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips