Anxiously Engaged

I'm back! It's been far too long, and I have missed you all so much. Thanks for sticking with me, friends!

Are you familiar with Ali Edwards' one little word idea?

(You can read more about it here. I'm not familiar with the class that she offers there, so I'm not endorsing that, or her, or anything. I just like the concept. :)

The idea is to select one word to guide your life for the year, to "focus on, meditate on, and reflect upon" as you go about whatever else is going on in your life.

I prefer to think of it as my rallying cry, the energy behind all of the other goals that I make for myself in a year.

Because I set a LOT of goals.

But we'll get to those in a minute. First, my word. Actually, it's two words. I'm a rule-bender that way. :)

For 2012, I am striving to be
anxiously engaged.

Nope, it's not a sob coming from a desperate-to-be-married single girl (or guy). :) It's a scripture:
27 Verily I say, men should be aanxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness (Doctrine and Covenants 58:27)
image source

I look over the things that I do in a day and I think, Wow. I am seriously unproductive. And I'm not setting the productivity bar very high, trust me.

So, for 2012, I'm working on being anxiously engaged in a good cause. Emphasis on the engagement, not on the anxiety. :)

I want to be 
engaged in loving my kids
engaged in cherishing my husband
engaged in living a healthy life
engaged in enjoying the day-to-day awesomeness
engaged in doing the things I need to do and not just the things I want to do

As I mentioned, this one word (ish) is my rallying point for my other goals this year. I'm sharing one goal over at Housewife Eclectic today as part of the new year of Wednesdays on (and off) the Web. The rest of my list will have to wait because, hallelujah, both of my sick and cranky kids are asleep at the same time, and I have better causes to be engaged in than boring all of you with my list of ways to become the perfect Lu...

Instead, tell me... what are your goals? or your one word?

4 comments:

Debra Hawkins said...

I liked that. Anxiously engaged. Although I think it would turn out just anxiously for me. :)

Tricia said...

I find that I set far too many goals, but a few of mine are 1-be a better friend. 2-Wear lipstick (basically a simple goal to take care of myself). 3-Help my husband get back in school.

Katie Olthoff said...

My word is "intentional" but such a similar idea - it's all about being more productive! My "word of the year" post is coming up on Monday. Are you linking up to The Lettered Cottage?

Nick and Keira said...

Hmm...what a good idea! Thinking out loud, maybe "celebrate" or "gratitude", or what's a word for living life deliberately? :D

You are so funny--I just remembered how much I missed your posts reading this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips