Holy Vacation, Batman!

So... I'm back. From both my blog-cation (unannounced and mostly unplanned) and a real-life vacation. Don't you wish you could have come with me?

Cape Kiwanda

Trillium Lake (and Mt. Hood)
We had the most marvelous time! The weather in Oregon (at least where we were at) is so much more temperate than here in Utah. We left the 75 degree weather and green to drive back home to 100 degrees. At 8 PM. And a dead flower garden. (Oops.)

If you're wanting an awesome naturific vacation, Oregon is my recommendation. We spent 3 days at the Oregon coast at Cape Kiwanda in a huge beach house rented by Kiwanda Coastal Properties and then 3 more days in a place called Government Camp at the base of Mt. Hood, where we stayed in a "luxury chalet" at the Collins Lake Resort.
My sister and nephew on the alpine slide
 Normally I wouldn't bother with where we stayed, except that I highly recommend both of these places: they're very well taken care of and excellently located for fun family adventures. Our beach house was walking distance from the beach and the tide pools, and the resort is walking distance from a small amusement park and less than 10 minutes to the beautiful Trillium Lake. (And I am not getting paid in any way for saying nice things about these places... just paying it forward, I guess?) They are both also quite affordable for family trips, if you are figuring a per-person lodging cost and you sleep as many as the house/chalet allows.


So, I'm back in the swing of things and I'll even be introducing some more new segments soon. I've given the design here a facelift, too -- I'd love to hear what you think!

4 comments:

Nick and Keira said...

I love your new layout!! It looks fantastic. Makes me want to start a blog of "my own"--not the family one, but then I remember I have a hard time updating that one as it is... ;)

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

Wow! You are such a tech-crafter! Love what you've done with the place. ;) And the vacation looks AMAZING too!!

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

Wow! You are such a tech-crafter! Love what you've done with the place. ;) And the vacation looks AMAZING too!!

Diana said...

Love the pictures. Sure wish i'd joined you..!! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips