Yard sale finds!

This past Saturday was my first yard sale excursion of the season and it was very successful:
All of this for $10 (minus the boy. He was much more expensive and worth every penny!).

It was a wonderful (wet) Saturday morning spent with my FIL. Yup, that's right, my father-in-law is a yard sale fanatic. I married into the best family ever. :) He spent 50 cents on an extension cord and some replacement bulbs for something that he may or may not own (yet) and was happy as a clam.

Look for the green shirt to show up sometime refashioned into this dress for my best friend's little girl. I found a ton of other things that made me think, "Someone in blogland could turn this into something great," which led to, "Hey, I could turn this into something great!" but ended unfortunately at "Hmm... where would I put it in our tiny living-space-only apartment?"

So, those projects will have to wait until we have a living-plus-pretty-space kind of apartment. :)

5 comments:

Debra Hawkins said...

I want the little boy! Is he for sell? I am so excited about the shirt dress! I am working on the ties. The problem is, I know how much they are but I can't find a missionary that has been actually in the area of the store that does it so I can't find its name. ARGH!

Erin said...

That looks like one happy little boy! What great finds! I love garage sales!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

www.amkingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

That is such a great picture. He is sooooo happy! Love that smile.

You sure have some great garage sales in your area to find all that stuff for 10 dollars. You have amazing hunting skills!

Tammy said...

Looks like you scored! I love yard sales! Today I rummaged through Goodwill, one of my favorite past times. The two t-shirts I found for myself were half off today! Spent $2! Gotta love that! :)

Brandy@YDK said...

those little tugboats are too cute

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips